Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron Johnson[_2_] Ron Johnson[_2_] is offline

Default Microwave turntable direction

Sjouke Burry wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
William Sommerwerck wrote:
"Claude Hopper" wrote in message

Microwaves do not 'bounce around' in the oven. Microwaves are
directional, that's why you move the food. The microwave emitter
does not move.
Perhaps we should dub you "Clod Hopper". (Perhaps your posts are
jokes, and
you're waiting to see who's the first to "get it".)

Microwaves do, indeed, "bounce around" within the oven cavity. There is
usually a standing-wave pattern with hot and cold spots, which is the
main
reason for the turntable.

There`s a demonstration which I`ve seen, where a shallow plate of
something which looks like porridge is placed in a m/w and when the
oven is operated, you can see the wave pattern on the surface. I`ve
also seen it done with hundreds of neon lamps laid on the plater

The demonstration indicates nicely the hot spots and nulls in the
microwave coverage.

Ron

Put a cd in the mag, and the burn marks on the surface show the
wavelenght and hot/cool spots.
(as soon as you see sparking/smoke, switch off!!!! )
Add a cup of cold water to protect the mag from self destruct.

Yeah, and doesn't it stink!