Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default I need help buying blades for miter saw and table saw.

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Lee Michaels" wrote:

An 8 tooth?

I saw that too. I figured (hoped) it was a typo.

I think that would be the dinosaur blade!

SFWIW, I have a 10", 8T, carbide tipped, Sears & Rubbish blade from
long ago.

Think of it as a powered hatchet.

I have that same blade, and used it for years, still have it. I also
have a 12 tooth that I've used for years. These are great for rough
work, they cut with far less effort than a 40/60 tooth. No good for a
miter saw or plywood, but if you have a jointer, they work well for
ripping rough lumber on the TS.

It is a dinosaur blade though, when I went to replace it, couldn't find
one, thats why I have the 12 tooth blade. Not sure if they still make
that one either?

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com