Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Default Postcrete - whether to mix in agrigate or not?

On Oct 23, 11:06*am, "Neil" wrote:
Hi all,

I use postcrete for setting in posts etc. *My own feeling is that it would
be stronger if I mixed in some gravel (ballast). *I've tried it and it works
fine - goes off almost as quickly, but I don't know if this is strengthening
it or not. *Anybody know if this is worth doing or not.

Many thanks,

Neil

Concrete, ie with stones, is indeed stronger than cement mortar. So
you can mix stone in no worries. Not that fence post fixing needs a
lot of strength. In fact sometimes people use ballast alone, no
cement.

NT