Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Political signs

olddog wrote:

Oh bother! Peace never settled anything. Americans traditionally
love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle. When you
were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest
runner, big league ball players, the toughest boxers. Americans love
a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all
the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and
laughed. That's why Americans have never lost, and will never lose a
war... because the very thought of losing is hateful to Americans.

And, like the space program, we have to consider the advances
generated by military activity. Like, uh, up-armored Humvees and,
uh, other things.

That's why you're going to lose.

Better to lose an election than lose a war.

When studying the Democrat's positions, I'm reminded of Dan Quayle's
observation: "A mind is a terrible thing to lose."