Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
slider slider is offline

Default Postcrete - whether to mix in agrigate or not?

"Neil" wrote in message

"Slider" wrote in message ...

"Neil" wrote in message
Hi all,

I use postcrete for setting in posts etc. My own feeling is that it
would be stronger if I mixed in some gravel (ballast). I've tried it
and it works fine - goes off almost as quickly, but I don't know if this
is strengthening it or not. Anybody know if this is worth doing or not.

Many thanks,

Neil

The postfix stuff I have used in the past has already had gravel in it.

No not this stuff
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Special-Mort...te/invt/221100
I have seen other makes with gravel in them but have been told that they
are
not so good as Postcrete. In fact one make (don't recall the name) I was
told by the supplier that it was rubbish in comparison. It's difficult to
be sure of all this as I haven't tried other brands myself.

It just seems to me that proper concrete has gravel in, so why doesn't
this stuff need it as well.

Ah, only used the postfix stuff from B&Q. Put two separate fences up using
it and have never had any problems.