Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default Do Planning Departments Act on Anonymous Info

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 16:17:45 +0100, Clint Sharp
wrote:

In message , Mark
writes
RIPA makes a mockery of the argument 'if you have nothing to hide you
have nothing to fear'. Theoretically, you could be subjected to
extraordinary rendition for a nice little break to Gitmo if you forget
the password to your encrypted bank details.

The argument "If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear" is
fundamentally flawed. I can't believe that anyone is still using
this.

Of course it is, I'm just amazed at the idiots who support 42 days, CCTV
everywhere, ID cards etc. and still seem to believe it.

And when CCTV and other token "security" proves not to work, what do
they do? Not abandon it and do something sensible but to heap more
and more of their failed "security" measures on us.

The problem is that none of the 'security' precautions they want will
make a damn of difference to the real terrorists but will punish
everyone who has to pay for them and live with them day by day.

Absolutely true.

They all remind me of a sign I saw at the security lodge of a nuclear
power station, it politely requested that anyone carrying a bladed
weapon or firearm was to hand it over to the guard. You can imagine a
determined attack force being stopped in their tracks.

Of course, criminals would never think to hide their knives. ;-)

--
(\__/) M.
See http://improve-usenet.org