Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clint Sharp Clint Sharp is offline

Default Do Planning Departments Act on Anonymous Info

In message , Tanner-'op
writes
We're of a differing opinion here. My view was at the time, and still is,
that they (the police) were in between the proverbial rock and a hard place
here with Jean Charles de Menezes.

I don't think they were in the wrong, we are of the same general opinion
but it was still an extreme measure taken in extreme times. Very simply,
you don't ignore an armed police officer if you value your life, he had
the choice of being deported in an economy class seat or a box in the
hold and made a bad choice.

In view of the situation at the time (and we weren't there) they could not
take any chances and allow a *suspected* terrorist to create carnage again
within a few days - damned if they did and damned if they didn't - and I
certainly wouldn't have liked to have been in their shoes to make that
decision.

I know several police officers, friends and family, and there are a
couple of firearms officers in the mix, I know they don't take the
decision to even draw their weapon lightly so to actually shoot someone
must have meant that they had very good reasons to do so.

I agree, but I must admit that at my age, I'd rather take my chances with a
terrorists bomb than being "gang raped by the Playboy bunnies" - I'd have
more chance of surviving. LOL

Ahh, I'm still of an age where I look hopefully at passing coaches.

Tanner-'op

--
Clint Sharp