Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens.edible
Bert Byfield Bert Byfield is offline

Default Possum in the pumpkin patch

:The trouble is finding the right cat--most can't figure out how to
:catch squirrels and the ones who can usually get beat up enough
:the first time that they decide that squirrels aren't worth the
:effort.

Training a cat would be darn near impossible, I guess.
Dan

Yes, but I had a cat once who learned about rabbits up close and
personal, when a daughter kept pet rabbits in the house and yard. The
cat learned that rabbits are 1) awful (one was in love with her and
kept jumping her with passion), and 2) easy to beat up (though she
never harmed a pet rabbit).
After a while the cat started showing up with battered dead wild
rabbits she had caught, and it was easier to keep a garden after that.