Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.liberalism,soc.retirement
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default 'Joe the plumber' is not licensed or registered; made $40,000 in 2006 (Toledo Blade)

Rod Speed wrote:

"The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any
Greek. This day we rescue a world from mysticism and tyranny and
usher in a future brighter than anything we can imagine.

"Give thanks, men, to Leonidas and the brave 300! TO VICTORY! "

And they got done like a dinner. Funny that.

Uh, no. The Greeks won the battle of Plataea. Had they not, you might now be
a Zorastaran.

Of 120,000 Persians, only 43,000 survived. While Persia continued to meddle
in Greek affairs, this was their last attempt to conquer Greece. They were
finally taught the final lesson by Alexander the Great ~150 years later.