Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Switching from Dish to DirecTV. Are there small after marketremotes?

On Oct 19, 1:31�am, usethisone2007 wrote:
I am finally upgrading my old 1-tv Dish Network system, either to
their one receiver-two tv system, or to a DirecTV 'two tv-two
receivers' system.

What I am wondering about is whether either of these systems are
operable by after market SMALL �remotes as I cannot stand using the
huge remotes that come with the system. I'm only looking for basic
remote features, channel up/down, volume, mute, and guide features...I
just want a small remote.

The problem is that if you look at the list of which SAT receivers the
after market remotes control...you never see an entry for 'DirecTV'
but they do always say Dish Network. I suspect the DirecTV units are
Hughes boxes, but I'm not sure. I have called DirecTV several times to
ask them which 'brand' their boxes are, but its not possible to get an
answer from them.....seriously.

Also, the 2 tv-one dual receiver that dish offers uses a uhf signal
for the 'remote' 2nd tv, which has to shoot its beam through walls,
etc.. Are there small after market remotes for the 2nd tv's in these
systems?

Sorry about being somewhat off-topic here but I know this group has a
lot of folks who probably might actually answer my question.

Thanks

Brian

only dish has a 2 output receiver that saves the extra receiver fee.
as far as i know.