Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.liberalism,soc.retirement
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default 'Joe the plumber' is not licensed or registered; made $40,000 in 2006 (Toledo Blade)

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

Aren't you concerned that "there's always room for one more?"

If not, brava.

Of course I'm concerned. However, I consider cowardice to be
un-American. Where indeed would we be as a country if
we were afraid to fight the good fight?

It can be tricky to decide which are the good ones.

Not hard.

Only the hard and strong may call themselves Spartans.

Only the hard. Only the strong.

We march.

For our lands. For our families. For our freedom.

We march.

Into the Hot Gates we march. Into that narrow corridor we march. Where
Xerxes numbers count for nothing.

Spartans. Citizen soldiers, freed slaves, free Greeks all.

Brothers. Fathers. Sons.

We march.

For honor's sake. For duty's sake. For glory's sake.

We march.

Into Hell's mouth we march.

"Just there the barbarians huddle, sheer terror gripping tight their hearts
with icy fingers... knowing full well what merciless horrors they suffered
at the swords and spears of three hundred. Yet they stare now across the
plain at TEN THOUSAND Spartans commanding thirty thousand free Greeks!

"The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Greek. This
day we rescue a world from mysticism and tyranny and usher in a future
brighter than anything we can imagine.

"Give thanks, men, to Leonidas and the brave 300! TO VICTORY! "