N. Thornton

Default Hot Point Washing Machine main bearing failed

"BigWallop" wrote in message ...
"SPG" wrote in message
om...

After a bit of research (Which?) decided on a Bosch Classixx 2063 (Max
spin=1000rpm). It was a similar, slightly higher spec, machine which
came out top for ease of use, performance and should be reliable. I
reckon it is a mistake to run machines at more than 1000rpm because of
the extra stress on the bearings and other bits.

Would you believe that, between a 1000 rpm spin and a 1100 rpm spin, the
difference in the amount of water taken out of the clothes is a measly
tablespoon full. The full spin speed, on any machine, only last for a few
seconds, so the amount of pressure put on the clothes to extract the water
does not last long enough to make any significant difference in the amount
extracted.

If the full spin speed were to last anything up to a minute, which would be
the ideal spin time, either the drum bearings would heat and burn out after
only 12 spins, or the motor bearing would only last for a maximum running
time under load at top speed of only 48 hours.

Ain't it amazing what troubles friction, weight and centrifugal forces
cause.

:-) just thought I'd throw in another piece of useless information.

I went from a 1000rpm machine to 1300, and the difference was
enormous. I haven't need to use a dryer since. Got rid of the dryer
altogether. So I'd say high spin speed is well worth it. Even if its
12 secs or whatever, it does work.

I once had a yucky 600rpm spin one as a temporary machine, and there
is a lot of difference. Drying stuff from that was a looong job.

Regards, NT