Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Back with you

Tony Bryer coughed up some electrons that declared:

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 21:09:01 +0100 Geoff wrote :
And to keep Drivel happy, I hired a Prius for 24 hours on Mon/Tues -
very interesting, and given that Melbourne city traffic is as bad as
London's it was in its element.

What, stationary for 95% of the time ?

Feels like it at times. Ikea is 8km (5 miles) from here and most trips
have taken 25-30 minutes each way. Haven't counted but probably 25-30
sets of lights along the way, most, of course, red!

So just like the Croydon Ikea then!

If I was hiring a car for a long out-of-town drive I wouldn't opt for a
Prius - as discussed here many times, for open road driving it's just a
petrol-engined car pulling a lot of weight.

Cue Dribble.

The car-share club I've joined has a Honda Jazz parked a couple of
minutes walk away: you book online by the hour and it costs the
equivalent of £5 per hour including petrol (mileage excess for longer
journeys): you're sent a swipe card that lets you into the car at your
allotted time.

That's a good idea. Can you mention the website - I'd like to see how this
works.

Anyway, glad you're settling in

Cheers

Tim