Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Can't get heat in garage

on 10/22/2008 8:01 AM jtpr said the following:
This is a simple system. FHW on Zone 3. Pumps out to the garage,
through a Modine blower unit mounted near the ceiling. It is new this
year. I turned it on, the zone pump fires up, but the pipes
(plastic), never get warm beyond the first few feet of the return and
feed. There is a little valve on the feed side with a grey plastic
turn screw on the top, looks like something to bleed with, but I'm not
sure how it works. I backed it all the way out, but it seems to make
no difference.

The Modine unit never kicks in, but I assume there is a mechanism to
detect heat in the pipes before it does. All is pluged in, the zone
pump just keeps running.

Any ideas where to go from here?

-Jim

I have no experience with the unit, but it seems like there is a
blockage preventing the hot water getting into the unit or the cold
(warm) water getting out of the unit. Are there valves on either pipe
that may be shut off?
Who installed the unit? If a contractor, call him.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY