Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.liberalism,soc.retirement
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default 'Joe the plumber' is not licensed or registered; made $40,000 in 2006 (Toledo Blade)

Ken Lay wrote:

Why should any non-adherent care what the religion accepts or doesn't?

Any? Try being a Christian in Iran or an atheist in Malaysia. Your fortune
certainly - and maybe your life - is subject to forfeit.

Under Catholic doctrine, a civil divorce is not a divorce in the
eyes of the Vatican. Under Jewish law, a woman cannot divorce her
husband.

Screw Catholicism. Screw Judaism. Screw any organized religion who
thinks that anyone unaffiliated with them should do as they say. In
this country especially, screw any churches who meddle in politics in
any way. Don't just take away their tax exemption. Punish them.

Most countries have a state-sanctioned religion. You risk a very parochial
and myopic view to suggest they're wrong.

And this affects this nation's election how, exactly?

Very many - VERY MANY - people in this election are basing their vote on
what they believe the rest of the world will think of us. I personally think
that's misguided, but it's there nevertheless.

So I still don't get your point in belaboring the whole issue.

Educating the benighted.

Your stated motives are now suspect.

Nobles oblige - the White Man's Burden.