Unisaw A100

Default Quality of a Square?

Keith Carlson wrote:
How accurate should I expect a combination square to be?

For wooddorking, you should be able to place it up against a
freshly jointed board, mark a sharp thin line, flip the
square and not see any deviation.

Now I'm wondering what combo square I should look for, and what kind of
accuracy can I expect? With a reasonable cost, of course, which for me is
$50.

To name a few, Starrett, Brown & Sharp, Lufkin, Union and
that Mititoyo (Japanese company whose name I always forget
how to spell). You can usually find one or all the above on
eBay in your price range. One of the nice things about a
Starrett is they (Starrett) will take your old squares and
bring them back up to snuff for a small fee. It would be
real nice if it was for free but...

Anyway, on eBay, go slow at first, test the waters and when
you feel a wee bit of confidence jump in.

UA100