Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ff[_2_] ff[_2_] is offline

Default Magic toolbox

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message
news
If you were going to a foreign place, what extra specialty tools would
you take? I know it would depend on what you were to work on, but I'm
talking specialty items that one needs just every so often ..........

Things like .......... continuity tester. Pair of Klein dikes. 3/8"
drive Allen heads. psi gauge. stuff like that

--
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

As a matter of fact I put together a travel toolkit this summer. It
contains a Leatherman, AA cell Minimag, screwdriver with interchangeable
bits, folding hex key set, folding Torx set, 6" vise grips, 6" crescent
wrench, 4" crescent wrench, 6ft x 1/4" tapemeasure and a pair of
tweezers.
I just purchased a magnifying glass to go in there too.

Everything fits neatly into a Pelican micro case. It has to go into
checked luggage, of course. The last time I flew with it my suitcase had
a note from the TSA that they had searched my luggage.