Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default 3 phase - where to start?

"Tim S" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) coughed up some electrons that declared:

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Wiring regs used to allow 16A sockets on circuits fused at up
to 20A. I don't have any wiring regs handy at the moment to
check the current status.

None of these are shuttered, so they can't be used around the
home. (If you still do, make sure they're positioned well out
the reach of children.)

Many have a heavily sprung loaded cover for when there's no plug inserted
- and that would defeat most small children. They've taken skin off me
before now. ;-)

And you can get ones with an interlocked isolator - I rather fancy a
couple
of these on the side of my house.

Very annoying when you forget that they are interlocked and try to pull the
plug out.

Colin Bignell