Wolf Lahti

Default That damned Murphy was right

"Todd" wrote:

One of the many correlaries to Murphy's law is that an object, once lost,
will not be found until it is replaced. My 6" dial caliper has been missing
for months. I delayed replacing it because I just *knew* it was here
somewhere. Finally, last week, I bought a new one, telling my wife that
"I'm not going to find my old one until I buy a new one." I don't have to
tell you what I found yesterday when I opened a box in the garage that I had
neglected to look in.

'Neglecting to look in' is never my problem. I'll look in the same
damned boxed six or twelve times trying to find something. I'll take
everything out of said box and put it back in. Multiple times.

Then one day, I'll look in the same box, and there's the thing I've been
looking for - and no one can convince me it was there all along.

Gremlins don't just mangle aircraft, ya know.