Posted to alt.home.repair
retired54 retired54 is offline

Default CBS's Early Show Discredits 'The Real Joe the Plumber'

wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 21:17:34 GMT, "retired54" wrote:

wrote in message
. ..

When I use the term slander I am not using it in the sense of what
would make a good court case but rather a more generic meaning
of defaming, discrediting, or disgracing.

You used your own definition of slander and we called you on it. In
doing
so; you committed slander. Don't worry; nobody cares.

olddog

The word slander isn't exclusively a legal term.

look up slander

From Merriam- Webster

1. to utter slander against : Defame
2. Malign
*********************************
From Dictionary Reference

1. defamation; calumny: rumors full of slander.
2. a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report: a slander
against his good name.
3. Law. defamation by oral utterance rather than by writing, pictures,
etc.
-verb (used with object) 4. to utter slander against; defame.
-verb (used without object) 5. to utter or circulate slander.
As I said, the word slander is not exclusively a legal term.

never mind