Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default CBS's Early Show Discredits 'The Real Joe the Plumber'

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 15:35:25 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

retired54 wrote:
wrote in message

I wouldn't say that Obama "slandered" Joe. You might need to look
up the term slander.

I did. I stand by the word slander.

Biden and Obama were just pointing out the facts. That's not
slander.

Facts like Joe's real name is Sam? Facts like Joe only makes $42,000
a year? Facts like Joe doesn't have a license? Yes, they are all
facts,

Look up slaunder.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/slander

It has to be "false".

Okay, somebody possibly misspoke (not unheard-of in a political season).
Substitute "vilification," "calumny," or violation of privacy. The latter is
a tort, even if true, when it holds the a private person up to defamation or
contempt.

When I use the term slander I am not using it in the sense of what
would make a good court case but rather a more generic meaning
of defaming, discrediting, or disgracing.