Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Veatch[_2_] Tom Veatch[_2_] is offline

Default I need help buying blades for miter saw and table saw.

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 16:20:31 -0600, "Max"
wrote:

I find that in a miter saw, I get a better cut (no splinters) with the
material "good side up".
Same with a radial arm saw.

I agree with you for radial arm and for "chop saw" miter saws. With
sliders, if you pull the slider out, lower the blade and push it
through the work, good side down is the way to go.

In either case, best results (less tendency to splinter) is on the
side where the saw tooth enters the work. More tendency to splinter
where the tooth exits the cut.

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS
USA