Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET is offline

Default First the Bridgeport, now a surface grinder

Boyer Schultz surface grinder

No coolant, but it has some kind of vacuum in the base to gather the dust....
RWL

Or to operate a vacuum chuck to grind non-magnetic material?

Interesting thought, but no. It's definitely for dust collection.
There is an accordion type cloth filter between the top and bottom
halves to keep dust out of the top, where the motor is. The bottom
has a pan with grit in it.

I need to get the accordion-like filter out so I can get to the vacuum
motor in the back of the cabinet and hook it up. There are "wipers"
that come up from the bottom between the pleats and they won't go down
to the horizontal position to let me pull the pleats out of the
cabinet.

I need to get the manual for this machine.

RWL