Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gary Pewitt Gary Pewitt is offline

Default First the Bridgeport, now a surface grinder

I haven't used mine a lot but the only bad thing I've spotted is the
cheapo casters. It says in the instructions not to roll it with a
load on it. Well that's what I bought it for! It won't be
expensive to replace the casters with better ones and the rest of the
rig seems fine. New cylinders are available and that's the only thing
that might go out on it.
I'm tempted to buy the truck mount crane but the mount does not look
too strong. I'd have to make a mount that's a lot bigger and
removable too.
73 Gary

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 08:52:18 -0500, Ignoramus24384
wrote:

The Harbor Freight rolling shop crane is one of their better designs
(it is actually a generic design offered at many discount places) and,
in fact, is very good at what it is supposed to do. I would not bash
them without some first hand knowledge. That crane never let me down
and I used it a lot. The "truck crane", however, is more troublesome.