Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Typical Household Electricity Usage ?

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 20:21:36 UTC, EricP wrote:

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 10:24:14 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I have just received an electric bill that suggests my daily usage kWh
(over 100 days) is 37 kWh a day ?
(British Gas)

We have gas central heating - no electric heaters.

Two bedroom detached house - two adults one baby.

Washing machine/dish-washer on probably an hour each five times a
week.

No other excessive high power stuff in the house....(computer 200W on
all day = 4.8 kWh day)

Dodgy meter ? Or next door are wired in...

Phil

A semi with four adults and PC's all over the place, tumble drier,
dishwasher, rumbling away every day. Daily 12KW average.

Terraced 5 bed house, 9 PCs on 24/7, very little use of tumble dryer,
efficient washing machine, not much else...about 25kW per day.
http://www.diybanter.com