Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric in North TX Eric in North TX is offline

Default Anyone know if the HD tv signal will be stronger?

On Oct 21, 9:37 am, dpb wrote:
Eric in North TX wrote:

We live in a fringe area, and barely got reception even with a 200
mile antenna and a top quality amplifier.
since we got the digital converter box, or reception is fantastic,
more channels, flicker free, bright picture, flawless sound.
We had a bad wind storm that broke 1/3 of the radials off of the
antenna, & it didn't effect our reception at all, that would have
killed it on analog.

What's your line-of-sight distance and tower height?

That's essentially the description of our situation but my initial
experiment w/ the converter box was a complete failure.

Oh, what converter box do you have? There was only one on the shelves
here when my coupon was expiring, unfortunately, having forgotten about
it...

Are you using any amp now and if so, what is it, do you recall?

--

The converter box is a Digital Stream bought at Radio Shack, The
antenna is abut 30' up , no tower, just on the eve of a 2 story