Posted to alt.home.repair
greenpjs greenpjs is offline

Default Anyone know if the HD tv signal will be stronger?

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 08:09:50 -0500, dpb wrote:

metspitzer wrote:
I have cable, and don't think I could live without it, but my aunt is
using an antenna.

She just dropped cable, and asked me to hook her antenna back up. She
is only getting 2 channels. There is one more channel that can barely
be seen.

What would be the chances she could get another channel after the
switch?

I just made the initial experiment -- we're on antenna w/ the three
networks plus PBS watchable w/ some snow. The digital was zilch, nada,
nothing from any of the three. What I know for sure is the closest (60
miles) is broadcasting two subchannels according to them; I'm not sure
of the others yet. What comparative broadcast strength is I also have
no data for, but it appears unless they boost their output or I do major
antenna or other upgrades we'll likely just be without. I've contacted
Engineering of the one station but no response, at least so far.

Many stations are running reduced power and/or a non-optimal
transmitting antenna location during this transition phase. After
February, be sure to check again.