Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Typical Household Electricity Usage ?

In article ,
writes:
I have just received an electric bill that suggests my daily usage kWh
(over 100 days) is 37 kWh a day ?
(British Gas)

So that's about 1.5kW continuously.

A room full of halogen downlighters is probably one of
the biggest high loads which surprises people. My main
lighting is all fluorescent, except the landing light
which is 10 x 10W mini halogens.

When I last checked my load, it was equivalent to 0.5kW
continuously. That included 3 always-on PC's (which is
now down to just 2, and will go down to 1 when I get a
round tuit and write a device driver).

We have gas central heating - no electric heaters.

Two bedroom detached house - two adults one baby.

Washing machine/dish-washer on probably an hour each five times a
week.

No other excessive high power stuff in the house....(computer 200W on
all day = 4.8 kWh day)

Dodgy meter ? Or next door are wired in...

Turn things off one by one, and check the meter slows by the
expected amount. Don't forget to turn things like fridge/freezer
back on though.

--
Andrew Gabriel