Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Soldering copper pipe

The Medway Handyman wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
Wickes do a blue cylindrical pipe brush / debur tool that is easy you
use (one end does 15mm the other 22) and you just stuff it on the pipe
and twist a couple of times. Very good for cleaning up pipes in place,
since it will work close to a wall.

I had/have one of those & they work well, but the brushes didn't last that
long. Well, TBH mine was a Silverline version of the Wickes one, so that
might be why. I bought one of these
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Plumbing-Too...ol/invt/159884
which seems much quicker at cleaning & better made. Time will tell.

I am on my second blue one in a few years, so not doing too badly so
far. Having said that, I expect if it were used weekly it would not last
that long. I will try the metal one next time I replace it.

--
Cheers,

John.