Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default Typical Household Electricity Usage ?

wrote:

I have just received an electric bill that suggests my daily usage kWh
(over 100 days) is 37 kWh a day ?
(British Gas)

We have gas central heating - no electric heaters.

Two bedroom detached house - two adults one baby.

Washing machine/dish-washer on probably an hour each five times a
week.

No other excessive high power stuff in the house....(computer 200W on
all day = 4.8 kWh day)

Dodgy meter ? Or next door are wired in...

Have you seen any of your neighbours having electrical and/or
botanical equipment delivered in significant quantities - growing
lights, compost, watering systems, fertiliser?

Do any of them include hydroponics in their list of "hobbies"?