Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default replacing slider wheels

On Oct 21, 2:38*am, "Terry Cano" wrote:
The frame is fixed
I got the door out by lifting up and angling the bottom of the door over the
threshold lip to the inside of the house. * *I've tried to put it back the
same way... no luck.
This simple project has turned into a night mare
Terry

Don't know why you started 2 threads with the same question, but here
is a copy of what I wrote in the other thread. (too late to edit it
I'm going to bed)

How are you able to get the door in at all if the wheels are up in the
doors pocket? If the door with worn wheels came out with no problem,
than there should be no problem putting it back if the wheels are the
same size and set at the lowest position.

Did you try installing the door on both ends of the frame? The middle?
Try working in one side of the door at a time using a pry bar on the
bottom of the door. (make sure you don't pry against the guide!)

The only time I ever had a problem was because the home had settled
over the yrs. It was difficult to get the door out and I had to use a
house jack and a 2x4 on the frame / house to get the door with new
rollers back in.

BTW, Taking out the stationary door would make it harder to get the
door back in if the home as settled.