Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default replacing slider wheels

On Oct 20, 8:08*pm, "Terry Cano" wrote:
The wheels are retracked all the way....
there is about *1/4 to much wheel....even measured everything including the
wheel dia..... exactly like the old wheels.
Terry

"I've been told to remove the stationary part"

By whom?

Obviously, I can't see your door from here, but maybe by removing the
stationary door, you'll be able to angle the slider portion a little
more, perhaps from the outside, to get it in.

Another thought...you didn't say how your door came out. Sliders come
out a couple of different ways, depending on the manufacturer. Some
lift up and swing out from the bottom, some have an upper stop that
when removed allow the slider to "fall" into the room. How did yours
come out/