Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] theedudenator@yahoo.com is offline

Default I need help buying blades for miter saw and table saw.

I am a weekend warrior DIY guy. Not a furniture maker.
I am going to be installing some 3/4" oak hardwood floors in a week or
so.

I wanted to get a good blade for some clean cuts.

I have a 12" sears compound miter saw
And a sears portable table saw 10"

I was at Sears today buying a new shop vac filter and noticed they had
blades on sale.
2 12" Sears Professional Blades were $60 That is a 80 and 44 tooth.
The 10" blades were $40 for a 40 and 60 tooth.

They are both marked as thin kerf type.

From reading online, it shows I should be using this type for an
underpowered saw.
How do I know if I have an underpowered saw. I have been using the
cheap blades that came with the saw and there was never any stalling.
Just splinters on the cuts.

Did I waste my money on these blades? Or buy the wrong type because
of the thin kerf