Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Robot programming

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 18:17:15 -0400, the infamous Wes
scrawled the following:

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 06:06:58 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Think of the consequences to the guy running those arms in the Mall,
when two previously-human blobs, each with 147 broken bones, were
being shoveled up off the wall and floors.

I suspect any robot manufacturer that knew their robot was being used
that way would cut them off from parts and service.

Yeah, one headline like
"ACME ROBOT VICIOUSLY SLAMS/RIPS 2 PEOPLE INTO BLOODY PIECES"
could put a real dent in their sales that year, ya reckon?

I'll bet the lawyers for the firms already have language in their
contracts against that eventuality, JIC, but it's still a bag of
worms.

--
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it
exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong