Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default HF shop crane - was Bridgeport dimension

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 06:02:03 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Is there another name for SuperStrut. I looked also for Unistrut at
the home depot web site but couldn't find any listing for it. Any
place besides Home Depot to look for this sort of steel?

I bought some 1-5/8" square Unistrut at HD last year, when I bought my
truck. I cut it and used it in place of the $165 (through Toyota) bed
rail system. Cost: $20 for a 10' stick, $20 more for some t-nuts,
bolts, & pipe clamps. The low-profile stuff (1-5/8" x 13/16", no
holes) was $15/stick.

They don't show it online, but it's in the electrical section.
Sparkies use it for hanging conduit. (Right, Bruce?)

If you can't find it at your local HD, call some of the electrical
supply houses (Platt Electric Supply up here in PNW) for it. It'll be
$35-44 a stick, but you'll find it. What a crock!

Im paying $11.24 a stick at Hanks Electric in Costa Mesa, California

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.