Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul Hovnanian P.E. Paul Hovnanian P.E. is offline

Default Newbie Lathe/Mill Question

I'm looking into purchasing a small combo lathe/mill. I could buy one of
each, but I don't have much room in my shop and, unless there's good
reasons to avoid the combo units, that's the way I'd like to go.

Questions:

1) Where is a good place (on line) to search for reviews of various
brands?

2) What do people here think of the stuff Grizzly sells? I'm asking
about this distributor because their warehouse/retail outlet is nearby
and I can go in and look at the good in real life before buying.

3) Opinions on combo units vs separate lathe and mill.

I'm interested in building some small robotics projects, telescope clock
drives and other miscellaneous mechanical/optical devices and other
similar things.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Why are so many towns named after water towers?