Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Robot programming

What's the acceleration rate for those? Equivalent G force to a human
rider for max accel to quick stop? Gory minds want to know.

The max accel at the end of arm tooling depends on a huge number of factors.
I can say unf%^&ing believable. Two the four robots were a bottle neck for
the entire assembly line. At first they were 25% slower than any other
section. played a lot with end-of-arm weight reduction and tuning
acceleration of all the axis. Also the Jerk rate (rate of change of
acceleration) If the robot took off too fast the inertia of the parts would
pull them right off the suction cups. I got the plant manager's award (big
deal at the time) for removing my cells as the bottle neck. Only took two
years. They had "reassigned" the engineer before me when progress wasn't
good enough. it was the only project I ever worked on where part price and
technician availability was not allowed to be an issue.

Karl