Posted to uk.d-i-y
john john is offline

Default Electrical Power Sockets for ovens etc.

"petercharlesfagg" wrote in message
Friends, I know that the powers that be would prefer diy'ers not to
undertake their own electrical work but circumstances force my hand.

I am redesigning the kitchen and my wife insists on having a Halogen
Hob on one side of the room and an oven installed about 2 feet higher
on the other side.

There is one only Cooker/Oven cable entry into the kitchen where the
old oven used to stand which is where the Hob is going.

My problem is this: Having purchased new Cable, Neon Oven Sockets and
ancilliaries how do I get 2 large cables (I think they are 5mm dia
multi core) into the small holes (7mm) equipped with double screws for
power. Obviously I must have power in and then continue the cable
around the wall to the oven.

Would it be acceptable to remove two or three wires from each cable,
then twist them together making one fat cable that will fit the
connector?

Regards, Peter.

You will require two 40 amp cooker supplies, each with 6mm cable back to the
consumer unit.