Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Soldering copper pipe

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Well, it can hide the joint so you can see if it's soldered
properly, and if you've got so much it's run down the outside
of the pipe, it may have done the same on the inside too, or
left gobs of free solder inside the pipework.

I wondered about that years ago and cut open one which I'd deliberately
used too much solder on - and it didn't have excess solder inside.
Possibly due to the capillary action only taking what it needs?

--
*If work is so terrific, how come they have to pay you to do it?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.