RichardS

Default oak floor

"chris" wrote in message
.. .
Hi guys,

Im just about to start laying some oak T&G flooring in the living room.

Now
I can obviously hide the expansion gap under the skirting, but when it

comes
to the granite hearth, Im stuck.. Now i dont want to have any beading as

it
will spoil the look and obviously if i butt it up to the hearth im gonna
have problems later on, whats the minimm SAFE gap i can use and ideally
would it be possible to use some type of silicone product so it would

blend
in with the floor but still give me the safety gap

TIA

Chris

How are you laying it?

If it's fully floating then I can see the need to leave an expansion gap,
but surely not if each board is fixed down?

cheers
Richard

--
Richard Sampson