Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Robot programming

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 20:47:07 -0500, the infamous "Karl Townsend"
scrawled the following:

Agreed! shudder Those robotic arms are capable of acceleration
rates of zero-to-dead-flopping-meat in under a second. You wouldn't
catch me riding one.

My "real Job" was programming and maintaining a cell of four GMF robots for
three years. Once I got sloppy and held the hand pendant Estop override
while reaching in the cell. My arm went over the photo eye which told the
robot to come get parts. I got caught like a mouse in a trap. We wrote it up
as a robot malfunction cause I would have been in serious trouble for
intentionally overriding a safety.

Think of the consequences to the guy running those arms in the Mall,
when two previously-human blobs, each with 147 broken bones, were
being shoveled up off the wall and floors.

--
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it
exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong