maddening

Default Power problems and how to find a good electrician?

On 8 Oct 2003 19:38:03 GMT, wrote:

If "new" means "brand new", you need to get shirty with the developers
you bought it off. Let them know of your problem, let them have one go
at fixing it, then get a real electrician to fix it and send your
developer the bill. If by "new" you mean "place we've only recently
moved in to", the problems are all yours; lucky you...

It's the latter - the place though is only 13 years old, but it IS an
old farm with a few outbuildings.

We're in Wales and are going to get in touch with Western Power
distribution tomorrow but I have a feeling that an electrician will be
required, hence the initial question re good, reliable electricians in
the area.

Big place, Wales. (Cue Douglas Adams mode: well, not as big as the
galaxy, but further than the chemist.) I know there's a competent
electrician in Llandogo (Wye Valley, about 4 miles upstream from Tintern),
but I can't remember his name. You'll need to be a little more specific as to
location!

Sorry, meant to say - near Carmarthen.

Should we be going for an electrician first, or going through Western
Power first? (I have a feeling that the latter will say it's a problem
with our wiring and so is not their responsibility).

You're almost certainly right there - and the problem is much likelier
to be in the stuff you own than on their side.

Yeah, that sounds likely. So is it not worthwhile even contacting
Western Power in the first place, ie cut them out of the loop
completely?

Hope this helps - Stefek

sure does, thanks very much. Now to find a good electrician!