Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Robot programming

You are lucky. What robots, app, control?

Wes

its been 17 years now. I forget the model numbers. They were all six axis
G.M. Fanuc with G.M.'s version of a Fanuc control. The programming language
was very much like Pascal. Big exception, GOTO meant move to a certain
coordinate. I remember the computer was more wimpy than the super fast PC-AT
I had just got.

We were assembling VHS tapes and went from humans to robots. over 50 robots
in the whole line. My little piece of the puzzle was taking the output from
25 molding machines and placing the parts in trays to cool before running
down the final assembly operation. The whole line was scrapped out with the
coming of DVD.

Karl