Posted to rec.woodworking
t t is offline

Default OOTT://In case it is important to you.

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 15:02:07 -0500, Morris Dovey
wrote:

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Thank-you Tom. My purpose in making the above post was two-fold. First,
I wanted to elicit that elitist "if you don't do all of this you can't
possibly know what you are talking about response". You didn't disappoint.
Frankly, the idea that in order for someone to be able to discuss the
merits/demerits of socialized, collectivized, or other re-distributionist
command economy approaches they must complete that reading list or be
considered unworthy of debating the points is beyond absurd and elitist.

Perhaps so - and on the other hand there are those who believe that
skimming Cliff Notes or a Schaum Outline is sufficient to consider
themselves educated in a subject area.

Outstanding!

A perfect example of the intersection of Le Mot Juste with Le Bon
Mot.

tom watson