Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Earth bonding and light fixture replacement

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 21:57:57 +0100 someone who may be Tim S
wrote this:-

This was after I called his bluff on a number of attempts
to get even more work out of me, e.g. "ceiling roses should only have
one cable going into them"

That's the best lie I have heard for a while.

How did I miss that one.

It is a good one, isn't it. Presumably a one-person attempt to
prevent neat and easy to modify loop-in wiring and substitute
junction boxes scattered at random locations around the building.

Obviously ceiling roses should only have one flexible cable coming
out of them and going to the luminaire, unless made specially for
more than one flexible cable (I have never seen one, but they are
mentioned), but that is a separate issue.

I too am somewhat at a loss about the new luminaires mounted
over/under the ceiling roses. Depending on the particular fittings
the cowboy may have a point about this.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh