Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Boiler diagnosis opinions sought - gas valve or PCB?

In message , "dennis@home"
writes
True, but these are not the instructions for my boiler. I have
Solo
2, not Solo HE.

I bet the gas valve fault finding is the same.

Maybe they have the solo 2 on there too?

Solo 2 and Solo HE are not the same (gas valve wise)

If you don't know, STFU

STFU.
Why are you answering old threads without any useful contribution?

because I've only just returned from Indonesia - the usefulness is
to tell you that if you don't know, with boilers, don't give
erroneous answers, you're wrong, and it can be dangerous

Diagnosing a gas valve?
You have to be kidding.

Solo 2 uses pilot and main 240 v solenoids

HE uses modulating 24v GV

The information in the Solo2 is incorrect for the HE

So no intelligent response as to how someone with limited knowledge /
experience / diagnostic ability is going to be able to check out a 24v
dc valve given only a 240v AC example then ...

thought not

The same way, you measure the voltages.
If you bothered to read my post you will notice I said the procedure
was probably the same not the voltages.

So why don't you go and bother TMH like you normally do?

You may as well because I am bored with you.

and the OP would be able to deduce from the solo 2 manual that the
modureg is 24v ?

If he had more of a clue, he wouldn't have had to ask here, would he?

So, like I said , if you don't know - STFU dickhead

--
geoff