Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cerberus . Cerberus . is offline

Default Plasterboard thickness

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 21:17:18 +0100, Ron Lowe wrote:

Hi, all.

Whilst there's major building work here, I've taken the opportunity to flood
fill the place with co-ax from the head-end, and with cat6 from the network
cabinet.

This has involved a certain amount of plasterboard cutting.

During patching, I've noticed that the original plasterboard seems to be an
odd thickness. It's somewhere between 9.5 and 12.5. If I patch with
12.5, it sits noticably proud of the finished surface.

I guess I could use 9.5 and skim it to the finished level.

But any ideas why it seems to be non-standard?

70's build house.

It's probably the 'old' Imperial 1/2" board.

Don.