Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Not sure programmable thermostat is working properly

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 12:03:41 +0100 someone who may be "Roger Mills"
wrote this:-

[Optimum Start]

I *think* it's a good thing - but it does sometimes seem to
turn the heating on *very* early in cold weather.]

Has been used for more than two decades in large systems. Generally
a very good thing, but one flaw with it is that if the fabric of the
building becomes worse (open window for example) it will just learn
to start earlier (without optimum start someone may investigate why
the building is cold).

Optimum off is also a useful feature.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh