Posted to uk.d-i-y
YAPH YAPH is offline

Default Magnetic scale inhibitors - do they work?

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 16:19:28 +0100, "nightjar" cpb@ wrote:

"YAPH" wrote in message
On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 16:36:00 +0100, "nightjar" cpb@ wrote:

"YAPH" wrote in message

Magnetic type similar to one I described or electrolytic,
electromagnetic or what?

Why would you think that a reply to a thread about magnetic scale
inhibitors would not refer to magnetic scale inhibitors?

Because we're all human and whether through ignorance, oversight or random
noise in the CPU[1] may occasionally not process all the factors
correctly. Also I asked if it was a magnetic type _similar to the one I
described_ whereas the subject line just said magnetic scale inhibitors
generally.

I take it that yours was similar to mine then, with 4 pairs of magnets
arranged longitudinally in parallel to the pipe, rather than some other
arrangement?

FWIW this corresponds to a Which? finding of many years ago that such
devices seemed to work in some situations. Though with a sample size of
two so far that's pretty thin even for Which? tests ;-)

[1] Cerebral Processing Unit

--
YAPH http://yaph.co.uk

Question Authority