Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Sodium light fixture

ransley wrote:
I have an exterior light fixture, possibly low pressure sodium
standard screw base 30w bulb, someone put in 100w standard incandesant
bulbs years ago and it works fine. I wondered what would happen if I
put in a cfl, would I blow the cfl circuitry.

Not aware there is a standard base low-pressure Na -- there are some
hi-pressure I believe.

If an incandescent bulb fits the socket, there's no electrical problem
other than whether the cfl is outdoor rated -- think there's a
temperature issue w/ most (if not all, still -- I've not paid much
attention to them so far so what they've done on that score I'm not sure
at all).